Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Lime'n'rum shrimps and lentil puree

Bush cook inspired me this time. She wrote about a Caribbean cook book and made a lentil puree and prawns from it.
This the link to her blog post.
I wanted to keep it simpler and had only shrimps in the freezer. So this is the recipe for my lime shrimps:



Ingredients:
Shrimps
Grated peel of an organic lime
olive oil
salt to taste
Heat up oil in pan, add the shrimps and the lime peel, salt if necessary.
In the end I added a bit of rum to enhance the Caribbean touch.
Since the shrimps come with the lentil puree I didn't add onions or garlic.

Now the lentil puree:

Put on a pot with olive oil, onions and garlic, medium hot peperoni, when they are glassy, add 2 or 3 cups of red lentils. Every now and then add some water. Bushcook wrote about a vegetable soup she added, I had a vegetable fond in my freezer so I took that and some water.

No comments:

Post a Comment