Monday, July 9, 2018

Vegan Raspberry-Chocolate-Muffins

Here we go, some yummy vegan muffins with one of the best combination of ingredients: dark chocolate and raspberries. Why not make a vegan cake once in a while, it really tastes just as good as a cake made in the classic way but you don't need eggs, milk, cream, butter etc.. You don't even need plant drinks like almond or soy milk and can replace it with water instead.
Sketchnote recipe is in German again, but should be understandable:
Ingredients:
225 g sugar, 300 g flour, 150 ml oil,  1 pinch of salt, 250 g of plant milk or water, 3 tea spoons baking powder, 4 spoons cocoa, if you wish you can add a bit of dark chocolate as well, I did because it adds this great surprise in the middle of the muffin. 
Mix everything apart from raspberries and chocolate. Fill the muffin tray with one third of the mix, then add raspberries and chocolate pieces, fill up with the rest of the good stuff. Put in the oven for about 20 minutes, temperature 180 Celsius.
Enjoy!
I brought these to one of our dog sports encounters where they asked all the members if they could contribute some kind of cake.
When I brought it, I said "these are vegan, but you don't have to write it"- "Oh no, we have to write it, there are people who don't want vegan" ??
I couldn't believe it but actually I was a witness to this situation.
"I take from these muffins."
"They are vegan!!"
"Oh alright, then I won't take them."
I wonder what freaks people out about this, it is not like "there are nuts" and you might be allergic, there aren't any soy products in it. Somebody told me, that they are afraid that the taste won't be good, but trust me, they are great in flavor!




No comments:

Post a Comment