Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Granola

Been to DM - our local drugstore which also offers a lot of organic and vegan options at a very reasonable price. I saw that they had granola, a kind of roasted oats flakes and nuts combination. However the price with over 4 Euro seemed a bit too much. Oat flakes are really cheap and making granola yourself you know what's in it and choose your kind of nut combination. Apart from that, many cereal mixes contain lots of sugar and this is why I generally make my own muesli at home. The roasted version, however, seemed interesting and I remembered that I had eaten something like this in Costa Rica and liked it very much. They took ages to make it, I must say, but it was very good and abundant.
Here is the pic:

My first try, I put: oat flakes, cashews, brazil nuts and almonds - and also flax seed. Let's say, that the flax seed got a bit too roasted, due to their small size in proportion to the other stuff. It was still good, though, just a reminder to put them at the very end of the roasting process, or any other very small stuff.
You can make the granola with any kind of nuts or seeds and then add your choice of milk or plant beverage, lemon peel, coconut pieces, any other fruit.
I read, that it is really popular in America and that there are even salty versions with vegetables. Doesn't sound bad to me, you can always use it also as a salad topping. Will report about that, when the time has come. In the meantime, here is my sketchipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment