Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Coconut rice

Leftovers - always inspiring for new dishes. So I want to recommend another podcast  (A taste of the past) that I listened to. No recipe from there but it reminded me that we had fantastic savoury coconut rice in the Caribbean part of Costa Rica. So I wanted to try that out. There were a couple of large coconut pieces left, some of the white and red rice, I paired with Zaalouk the day before and some frozen and cooked squid pieces I had from am meal some time ago.
Ingredients:
Olive oil
1-2 gloves of garlic
1 large onion
chili to taste
coconut
cilantro

Make your base with olive oil, garlic, onion and chili, add coconut, rice and squid - add water or something else like juice or wine - I added water and a touch of gin which provides an interesting counter point to the coconut. Rum would be great as well




No comments:

Post a Comment