Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Glazed carrots

Very simple dish - I nearly always have carrots at home. You find them everywhere, they are cheap and don't get spoiled easily. However, If I see that they don't leave my fridge soon, I peel them, cut them into pieces and put them in the freezer. They are always useful for some soup or stew.

I got inspired by a video from Youtube this time, it is in German but you will understand anyway.
He is using butter in this video instead of olive oil.



My version:

Ingredients:
carrots
olive oil
1-2 tea spoons of sugar (preferably brown sugar)
1 pinch of slt
(white wine)

Heat up a pan, put olive oil in it, roast the cut carrots together with the sugar, do not heat too much and let them simmer slowly, add the salt and a little wine to taste. It is ready when a small kitchen knife enters easily in the carrots, takes about 10 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment